COLP Program Review Criteria
What programs should be presented to the Council for review?
- Degree programs through which a student can earn the entire degree at a distance. These are of greatest concern and have accreditation implications for the university’s agreement with the Higher Learning Commission of the North Central Association.
- Any degree program through which a student can earn 25% or more of the degree through distance/online courses.
- Any academic certificate that is not part of an existing pre-approved distance/online degree program where a student can earn 25% or more of the certificate through distance/online courses.
Download the Distance Learning Council Addendum and review the DLC Program Review rubric. For new programs, turn in the completed addendum to the chair of the DLC per the review procedures on this page. The rubric should be submitted to the DLC after your first full year of operation.
This rubric is a companion to the proposal form. The purpose is twofold:
- to provide new applicants with a set of guidelines regarding expectations for the program
- to have a quicker, easier way to assess the program for those who are in the COLP follow-up review stage